The mission of the Training Center is to provide the highest level of ethical, modern and practical training to current and future Public Safety Professionals and to prepare them for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- How to Sign Up
- Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT)
- Financial Assistance
- Transcript Request
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy (FLE)
- Correctional Officer (COR)
- Crossover from Correctional Officer to Law Enforcement Officer
- Crossover from Law Enforcement Officer to Correctional Officer
- Advanced & Specialized Classes
- Private Security Officer Courses
- Retired LEO Courses HR-218
- Community Education - Firearms Classes
- Equivalency of Training (EOT)
Criminal Justice Academy
Program Description: Instruction includes a combination of theory, laboratory and supportive courses. Instruction in the criminal justice specialties includes the history and composition of the criminal justice system activities, police ethics and responsibilities, law enforcement agencies, crime laboratory procedures, arrest and custodial procedures, investigations, trial and court procedures, and recordkeeping. Supportive instruction is provided in communications, constitutional rights, human relations, social sciences, first responder skills, self-defense and firearm training.
Completion, Placement & Licensure Report
In order to attend the Basic Recruit Academy, you must meet the FDLE requirements.
- Meet the basic skill levels as required by the State of Florida.
- Maintain required attendance.
- Be recommended for a certification by the Correctional Officer/The Florida Law Enforcement Academy Coordinator.
- Pass each written exam with a minimum score of 80%. Failure to meet the 80% requirement will result in termination from the Academy.
- Students may retake only one (1) exam. This retake is allowed only if the student can demonstrate a compelling and sufficient reason.
- Complete the entire course curriculum.
- Upon completing the Academy, the student is eligible to take the State Law Enforcement or Correctional Officer exam. Upon successfully passing the State exam, the student is eligible for employment as a Law Enforcement or Correctional Officer.
- Pay all WTC debts in advance of course start date.
- Fulfill all Financial obligations through Withlacoochee Technical College.