Patient Care Assistant
The mission of the Patient Care Assistant Program is to provide the instruction needed for students to become employed as a Patient Care Assistant, Home Health Aide, or Certified Nursing Assistant.
Clinical instruction is provided at local hospitals, geriatric facilities, hospice, various home care locations, and a variety of other health care settings.
Course completion skills include personal hygienic care, sanitation, infection control (including blood borne diseases) record keeping, observing and recording vital signs, care of patients, pre-operative care, post-operative care, assist with physicals, patient admission, transfer and discharge, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, CPR and First Aide, and home health care.
Orientation for the class starting August 9, 2018 will be held on Wednesday, August 1st at 1:00 pm in Room 105
Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 290 hours.
- Health Careers Core - Basic Health Care Worker
- Nurse Aide and Orderly (Articulated)
- Advanced Home Health Aide
- Patient Care Assistant
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Attain a grade of "C" or better (2.0 GPA) for the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
email@example.com - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance