Open Enrollment in GED® and ESOL Programs – Sign Up Now!
Our goal and mission for the Withlacoochee Technical College Massage Therapy Program is to provide the highest standard of education in the field of Massage Therapy. We believe that the student will have the knowledge and skills needed to pass the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam, in order to gain licensure in the State of Florida. We believe that the student will have the highest level of knowledge and skills needed to assure high quality occupational placement. The skills that the student acquires in our Massage Therapy Program will be the foundation and building blocks to their career.
Students will learn anatomy and physiology, massage theory and clinical practicum, statutes, rules, history of massage, theory and practice of hydrotherapy, allied modalities, business of massage, and AIDS/HIV education.
Information Sessions will be held at WTC in Room 301. If you prefer to attend an Information Session via Zoom, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 10th, 2023 6:30-8:00 pm
- February 13th, 2023 6:30-8:00 pm
- March 6th, 2023 6:30-8:00 pm
- April 3rd, 2023 6:30-8:00 pm
- May 1st, 2023 6:30-8:00 pm
- June 5, 2023 6:30-8:00 pm
Mandatory Orientation - This is only for students who are registered in the 2022-2023 course.
June 27, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Attendance via Zoom is available. To sign up for Zoom or for more information contact instructor Jeff Wood at email@example.com
Sites you can visit for more information about this interesting and rewarding career:
- American Massage Therapy Association
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- US Department of Labor/Occupational Outlook Handbook - Massage Therapy
- Resources & Opportunities in the Massage Therapy Profession
The State of Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Computation (Mathematics) 9.0 , Communications (Reading Language Arts) 10.0.
Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 750 hours.
- Massage Therapy 1
- Massage Therapy 2
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Pass all courses and OCPs in the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
New classes begin in August
Typical class times are 8:15am to 2:45pm M-F
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
firstname.lastname@example.org - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
Licensure / Certification
Licensed Massage Therapist, Florida Department of Health