Open Enrollment in GED® and ESOL Programs – Sign Up Now!
The mission of the Cosmetology Program is to provide the highest quality instruction which will prepare students for current and emerging careers in a competitive workplace.
Instruction includes: giving shampoos, rinses, scalp treatments, hair styling, cutting, coloring, foiling, highlights, lightening, permanent waves, chemical relaxers, facials, manicures/pedicures, safety, bacteriology, hygiene, sanitation, customer relations, salon management, record keeping, Florida Cosmetology law, and employability skills. Time required for completion of the preparatory program is determined by state licensing regulations.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Chemical Services: 8:00 am to 9:30 am ONLY
Non-chemical Services: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Chemical Services: 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm ONLY
Non-chemical Services: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Click on the program cost button to view the list of items needed for this program.
Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Computation (Mathematics) 8.0 , Communications (Reading Language Arts) 8.0. Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 1200 hours.
- Grooming and Salon Services Care, Facials, and Nails
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 1
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 2
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 3
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Pass all courses and OCPs in the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Attend 1,200 hours of instruction – to be eligible to sit for the Florida Board of Cosmetology licensing exam, the student must successfully complete 1,200 hours of instruction and the designated number of services
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
New classes begin in August and January
Typical class times are 7:30 am to 3:00 pm M-F
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
firstname.lastname@example.org - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation