The mission of the Cosmetology Program is to provide the highest quality instruction which will prepare students for current and emerging careers in a competitive workplace.
Instruction includes: giving shampoos, rinses, scalp treatments, hair styling, cutting, coloring, foiling, highlights, lightening, permanent waves, chemical relaxers, facials, manicures/pedicures, safety, bacteriology, hygiene, sanitation, customer relations, salon management, record keeping, Florida Cosmetology law, and employability skills. Time required for completion of the preparatory program is determined by state licensing regulations.
Mandatory Orientation Session for New Students
Cosmetology orientation for the January 2019 class - Tuesday January 8th 9:00 am to 10:00 am - Room 231. No make-up day. Any student under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday – Friday (except student holidays)
Chemical Services start at 8:30 am
Non-Chemical Services start at 9:00 am
Last Client at 11:00 am (subject to change)
The Salon is Closed on Mondays
The Salon will be closed on the following non-student holiday dates:
- Friday, September 7th
- Friday, October 5th
- Thursday, October 12th
- Friday, November 2nd
- Friday, December 21st
- Friday, February 1st
- Friday, February 15th
- Friday, March 15th
- Friday, April 5th
- Friday, May 3rd
The Salon now accepts MasterCard and Visa, as well as cash, for payment for services. Sorry, we do not accept checks.
Please contact us at (352) 726-2430 if you need more than one service or to check on availability of services. No appointments.
Click on the program cost button to view the list of items needed for this program.
Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Mathematics 8.0, Language 8.0, Reading 9.0. Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 1200 hours.
- Grooming and Salon Services Care, Facials, and Nails
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 1
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 2
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 3
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Attain a grade of "C" or better (2.0 GPA) for the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Attend 1,200 hours of instruction – to be eligible to sit for the Florida Board of Cosmetology licensing exam, the student must successfully complete 1,200 hours of instruction and the designated number of services
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
email@example.com - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation