The mission of the Cosmetology Program is to provide the highest quality instruction which will prepare students for current and emerging careers in a competitive workplace.
Instruction includes: giving shampoos, rinses, scalp treatments, hair styling, cutting, coloring, foiling, highlights, lightening, permanent waves, chemical relaxers, facials, manicures/pedicures, safety, bacteriology, hygiene, sanitation, customer relations, salon management, record keeping, Florida Cosmetology law, and employability skills. Time required for completion of the preparatory program is determined by state licensing regulations.
Mandatory Orientation Session for New Students
Cosmetology orientation for the August 2018 class - Monday August 6th 9:00 am to 10:00 am - Room 231. No make-up day. Any student under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Hours of Operation:
Summer Days of Operation Starting June 5, 2018: Monday – Thursday (Salon Closed Monday June 4th)
The Salon Will Close for Summer Starting June 22nd and Will Re-Open in August
The Salon now accepts MasterCard and Visa, as well as cash, for payment for services. Sorry, we do not accept checks.
Please contact us at (352) 726-2430 if you need more than one service or to check on availability of services. No appointments.
Click on the program cost button to view the list of items needed for this program.
Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Mathematics 8.0, Language 8.0, Reading 9.0. Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 1200 hours.
- Grooming and Salon Services Care, Facials, and Nails
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 1
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 2
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 3
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Attain a grade of "C" or better (2.0 GPA) for the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Attend 1,200 hours of instruction – to be eligible to sit for the Florida Board of Cosmetology licensing exam, the student must successfully complete 1,200 hours of instruction and the designated number of services
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation