Open Enrollment in GED® and ESOL Programs – Sign Up Now!
Automotive Service Technology
An ASE Master Accredited Program
The mission of the Automotive Service Technology program at Withlacoochee Technical College is to develop trained, capable, caring, and dedicated Automotive Technicians.
This program prepares students for employment and/or specialized training in the automotive industry. The instruction, course of study, facilities, and equipment of this institution, have been evaluated by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (N.A.T.E.F.) and meet the National College for Automotive Service Excellence Standards of Quality (ASE) for the training of Automobile Technicians in the following areas: Engine Repair, Electrical Systems, Automatic Transmission/Transaxle, Heating & Air Conditioning, Manual Drive Train and Axles, Front End, Brakes and Engine Performance.
The State of Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. Tools are necessary for employment. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Mathematics 10.0, Language 9.0, Reading 9.0.
Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 1800 hours.
- Engine Repair Technician
- Automatic Transmission and Transaxle Technician
- Manual Drivetrain and Axle Technician
- Automobile Suspension and Steering Technician
- Automotive Brake System Technician
- Automotive Electrical/Electronic System Technician
- Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning Technician
- Automotive Engine Performance Technician
Local employers have verified that the range of wages that can be reasonably expected by students who enter this field upon completion of the program are from $25,000 annually to $27,000 annually (Based on year-round, full-time employment)
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Pass all courses and OCPs in the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
New classes begin in August and January
Typical class times are 7:30am to 3:00pm M-F
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
email@example.com - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Student Certifications through the ASE Education Foundation
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) 5-year Certifications
Students can potentially earn up to 19 credits toward an AAs/AS degree in Automotive Service Management Technology with successful completion of 5 ASE certifications. Check with the degree program of your choice for specific information.