Automotive Collision Technology Technician
An ASE Accredited Program
The mission of the Automotive Collision Technology Technician is to provide students with the instruction necessary for them to become competent automotive body paint/repair persons.
This program prepares students for employment as Automobile Body Repairers and Painters. Training includes refinishing skills; sheet metal repair skills; frame and unibody squaring and aligning, use of fillers, paint systems and undercoats; related mechanical and welding skills, glass servicing and other repairs. Communication and leadership skills, applied mathematical skills, human relations and employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices are included in training.
Mechanical and artistic aptitudes are helpful. The State of Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Mathematics 9.0, Language 9.0, Reading 9.0. Tools are necessary for employment.
Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 1400 hours.
- Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing Helper/Assistant
- Automotive Collision Refinishing Technician
- Non-Structural Damage Repair Technician
- Damage Analysis and Estimating
- Automotive Collision Welding, Cutting and Joining
- Structural Damage Repair Technician
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Attain a grade of "C" or better (2.0 GPA) for the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
firstname.lastname@example.org - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Student Certifications through the ASE Education Foundation
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) 5-year Certifications